пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

award book newberry




Short week since today is Fall break. We only get one day off because we had Labor Day off. But since we get Friday off that means there are no Bio labs this week. Monday I was busy working on GIS homework and didnapos;t work on my presentation practice until the afternoon. I ran out of time and screwed up my practice because I had changed some of my slides but didnapos;t print them out. We did another practice on Wednesday and so I spent most of the morning working on it and got it all ready. I even had an extra minute to spare so I can add some stuff in to talk about and elaborate. Tuesday I entered all the tree quiz grades online and did some midterm grades for the freshmen. I also found out two of my students are dropping the class They were doing fine in it too. I went to a speaker talk about mountain top removal for coal mining. The pictures were really awful, all these pristine forested mountains just leveled in the Appalachians. Then they plant this Chinese weed that no wildlife can eat to make it green again. It totally screws up the ecosystem though, now it floods all the time. Itapos;s terrible. Since the speaker talked about how much we use coal, I figured decreasing energy consumption would be a major point, but he barely mentioned it. He just said we should switch to other forms of energy. Tuesday night was the cycling club group picture, I put it online. Wednesday I also went to the SSC meeting, we have some interesting stuff coming up. Thursday morning I was really bored waiting for my GIS test at 2. I studied some but forgot the name of something when I was taking the test. Hopefully I did ok besides that.

Between today and yesterday I have been cleaning the house for my parentsapos; arrival. I did laundry and put all of my clothes away, cleaned my bathroom and sink, my desk, the stove and microwave, the kitchen counters and sink, swept and vacuumed the downstairs. Last night I went to the wildlife society meeting. A professor from Purdue came to talk about the role genetics can have in understanding migration and dispersal in the banner tailed kangaroo rat of Arizona.

I watched some of the last Presidential debate, I didnapos;t watch it all because it was dumb. They kept saying the same things they always say. I couldnapos;t look at McCain very long; the weird eyebrow twitches, the cackles of disbelief. Heapos;s a total spaz. No wonder heapos;s losing, he looks like heapos;ll croak any minute. If he says repudiate one more time...

campbell johnson engineer, award book newberry, award book newberry winner, award book newberry winning, award book newbery.



Комментариев нет: